Friday, January 1, 2010

2010


Happy New Year! Our New Year's morning started just like any other morning-Hayden screaming in his crib. But this morning the cry was a bit more intense and I, admittedly, was a little sluggish from staying out untill 11:15pm on New Year's Eve (that's right, I did say 11:15PM), so it took me a little longer to prepare his bottle and rescue him from his crib prison. Instead of being greeted by the usual big morning smile, I was greeted by a baby on his stomach! I freaked out a little at the sight of it because he was somewhat contorted, but when I realized that he had actually flipped himself from his back to his tummy, I felt really proud. Then, I began to freak out. I mean, this is the beginning of mobility in Hayden's world and frankly, I am not ready for him to be mobile just yet. In the past 2 weeks he is doing all of these amazing, big boy things: eating solids, turning over and grabbing his feet. It's a bit much for 2 weeks work.

As I look at him now, I realize that he isn't a little baby anymore, he's a little person with a big personality. I look down at him when he is laying in my lap and I am amazed at how much he has grown and how different he is now compared to 4 months ago-it seems like such a short time to have done so much. It makes me realize how precious this time is and how quickly he will move onto the next phase. Don't blink!

Speaking of growing, Hayden went to the Doctor for his weekly weigh in on Wednesday and he is almost 14Lbs! As most of you know (especially if you have spent any length of time holding him in recent months) Hayden is a spitter, and he was having some issues with weight gain because of it. After starting rice cereal in his bottle and vegetables he has been doing great. He is still spitting up like crazy and going through about 7-8 bibs a day, but as long as he is gaining weight, he can spit up all he wants! Supposedly, 4 months is the peak of spitting up in babies and I hope so because we are going to need a new couch or, maybe, a whole new house after he finishes "peaking".

We had our black-eyed peas for good luck and cabbage for wealth and our brisket for God knows what (probably a heart attack), so we are ready for 2010. We hope you are too.

3 comments:

  1. How did you get him to put his hands behind his head?

    He is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Precious, and he is a big boy.. the changes happen so fast! Celie is already asking when we're gonna see Hayden again!! I know he's changing so much we've got to make a plan to visit SOON. love ya, Jen

    ReplyDelete